The Company may change this policy from time to time. You can check the policy by returning here. This policy is effective from 12 March 2014.
A core business of the Company is community consultation, the evaluation and review of our clients’ services, social research and other matters of public policy. During the course of this work the Company collects personal information.
What type of information do we collect?
The information we collect includes personal information such as:
- contact details (including e-mail addresses)
- domain names of those who visit our website
If a project requires it, we may collect other types of information such as:
- demographic information including gender and ethnicity
- opinions and views about a range of matters, including proposals, services and public policy issues
How do we collect the information?
The company collects this information in both paper (hard copy) and electronic forms. Hard copy examples include:
- surveys & contests
- feedback forms
- attendance sheets at public meetings
- by taking notes of proceedings at meetings
- business cards
Examples of how we collect this information electronically include by:
- online surveys
- facsimile transfer
- photographs at events
- via our web hosting service, panthur.com.au which may also collect the personal information of visitors to this site
Why do we collect, hold and use the information? The personal information supplied is used:
- for aggregated statistical reports (for example, to measure website usage or to report to our clients how many people participated in a particular process, or to report social research)
- for reports on the proceedings of meetings
- for circulation of reports of a particular process to participants of that process, and to invite participants to subsequent meetings in that process
- for reporting on the views expressed in meetings to our clients
Every effort is made to ensure that such reports do not disclose personal information to third parties, including our clients, unless:
- permission is sought from the individual who submits that information, or
- the individual is notified that this will occur prior to their participation in our work, or
- the individual requests that the information supplied be disclosed to third parties, or
- that disclosure could be reasonably expected, or
- the law requires that such information be supplied.
The Company does not sell or trade the information it receives with third parties or disclose it to third parties overseas.
How do we store the information?
The Company also stores information in secured databases, Consultation Manager and Mailchimp. Access to this information is restricted solely to the Company through the use of 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security. To view the privacy policies of these providers, please go to: www.consultationmanager.com.au and mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
Website links to other companies
The Company’s website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that Elton Consulting is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our website or websites we have commissioned.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information in a discussion forum it can be collected and used by others. For example, by posting personal information online that is publicly accessible, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Upon request the Company will disclose to you what personal information of yours it holds, and the manner in which it is held. However the Company reserves the right to extract such information from the place in which it is held in a way that protects the privacy of others. You have the right to request access to or seek correction of personal information or to register a complaint regarding compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles. To do so, please contact us via the information provided below.
Name: Lee Geary
Position: Acting Director, Business Services Group
Tel: 61-2 9387 2600
Mail: PO Box 1488 Bondi Junction 2022
This site has been designed to be accessible to people with disabilities. Should you experience any difficulties, please contact us. Blind and visually impaired users can obtain tools to access PDF files at www.adobe.com/au/accessibility. There are a number of companies that produce screen readers and related software for people with visual impairments. Click here for an example.