To help set a clear strategic direction for the future planning and management of community and cultural facilities, Hornsby Shire Council engaged Elton Consulting to assist in the development of a 10-year Community and Cultural Facilities Strategic Plan.
The project included:
- analysis of existing and projected future demographics
- analysis of usage of existing facilities
- comprehensive audits of 80 facilities
- interviews with regular and casual hirers of facilities
- consultation with management committee representatives
- design, delivery and analysis of an online community survey
- benchmarking of facility provision, fees and charges
- presentation to, and facilitation of, two Councillor workshops.
Consultation and research outcomes were used to develop guiding principles for facility provision and define strategic priorities for each of six districts in the local government area. Following exhibition and the receipt and analysis of 420 submissions, the plan was adopted by Council in mid-August 2015.