Elton Consulting has been engaged by Camden Council on a number of occasions to undertake independent development assessments of applications affecting Council-owned land. Development applications have involved the change of use of properties in the Camden Town Centre, as well as the construction of new Council and community facilities at Oran Park.
Elton worked closely with Council and a number of stakeholders, including other Government agencies, to understand the context and key issues impacting the proposed developments. We ensured that the required planning process was followed and undertook an assessment of the application by reviewing any agency, council department and public submission. We liaised with the applicant and provided our independent assessment and report to the Council or Joint Regional Planning Panel.
Key roles and responsibilities included:
- Understanding local and regional issues impacting upon the proposed developments
- Development of probity and engagement protocols relating to Council staff liaison, to ensure the independence of the development assessment process
- Drafting of development assessment and Council reports
- Developing appropriate conditions of consent
- Presentation to the determining authority.