Elton Consulting’s ongoing engagement with Centennial Park and Moore Park Trust has been to provide stakeholder and community engagement services to support long term planning for Moore Park including their . The park is Sydney’s largest multi-use community venue in NSW.
The project has required an in-depth understanding of the large and diverse number of stakeholders, the importance of heritage, transport, and planned future density of the urban suburbs surrounding the park.
After extensive consultation with the public and stakeholders, Elton Consulting created this interactive plan. Some of the proposed interventions included:
- Extensive tree plantings to make Moore Park into a peaceful oasis
- Greater provisions for cyclists and pedestrians, and improve safety and amenity for all Park visitors
- More provision for passive recreation, such as walking and picnicking
- Develop the sporting facilities
- Retention of the amazing 18 hole golf course in Moore Park Golf.
(Recently named in “Australia’s greatest golf courses”)
Elton Consulting’s engagement strategy is focused on communicating to all stakeholders the future demands on Sydney’s most important and active green space, and the strategic framework the Trust is developing to create a shared understanding of Moore Park’s future. Importantly, this includes Moore Park’s role in generating 80 per cent of both Centennial and Moore Park’s annual budget.