Amanda Shipton has more than 20 years’ experience as an urban planner, development manager and strategic public policy advisor.
Amanda has worked on strategic urban growth policy, planning and implementation projects across regional and metropolitan Western Australia. This includes the design and evaluation of government procurement processes for delivery of affordable housing projects.
Prior to joining Elton Consulting, Amanda held senior leadership roles in state government. Most recently, Amanda was a manager within the WA Department of Communities Commercial Operations Division. Responsibilities in this role included coordinating the alignment of agency development activities with the State’s investment in passenger rail network through METRONET.
Amanda holds a Master of Urban and Regional Planning from Curtin University, a Post Graduate Diploma Natural Resource Management from the University of Western Australia and a Bachelor of Science (Env Science) from Murdoch University. She is also a member of the Planning Institute of Australia, the Australian Institute of Company Directors and an alumni of Leadership WA.
Areas of expertise:
- urban and regional growth policy
- strategic land, development planning and tenure advice
- affordable housing
- government procurement for developments, including tender evaluation
- project and policy design, planning and execution
- design and preparation of state, regional and local level strategic planning instruments
- stakeholder and community coordination, negotiation and liaison
- metropolitan and regional WA experience