David Bremner is experienced in community engagement, communications and urban planning. David has worked with key stakeholders on construction projects in the health, transport and government sectors, and on strategic and high change urban policy development.
David was seconded within the Randwick Campus Redevelopment project team working alongside Health Infrastructure and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District, working with campus stakeholders. He also engaged with residents and community to manage communication risks and facilitate project outcomes. David has also been seconded to CBD and South East Light rail as High Street Randwick community relations lead, engaging with hospital campus stakeholders, Randwick City Council, UNSW and local community.
David has prepared and implemented community engagement plans and communications strategies. He is comfortable facilitating small groups and has well developed negotiation skills.
Previously, David was an urban planner with Urban Renewal Brisbane, Brisbane City Council. His projects included the City Centre Master Plan, River City Blueprint, neighbourhood plans and inner-city transport infrastructure projects.
- community engagement and communications strategy
- planning and delivery including visioning workshops, forums and reference groups
- negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills
- strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- high-level written, spoken and graphic communication, web skills, marketing and media material (both traditional and social media)
- IAP2 Certificate
- Master of Urban & Regional Planning, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Griffith University