Since joining the Elton Consulting team, David has worked on a number of exciting secondments including Greater Sydney Commission, managing two peak body advisory panels; CBD and South East Light Rail in Randwick; and the Randwick Campus Redevelopment with Health Infrastructure.
David has prepared and implemented community engagement plans and communications strategies. He has worked with reference groups and community planning teams and been involved in range of creative engagement events including ideas fiesta and public forum.
David’s consultation experience on Sydney’s northern beaches covered a diverse range of projects such as controversial flying-fox dispersal, visioning for a State park, a strategic review of the Pittwater waterway and a youth skate park working group.
David has over 6 years experience as an urban planner with Urban Renewal Brisbane, Brisbane City Council, where he was involved in the City Centre Master Plan and River City Blueprint, Albion neighbourhood plan and on the land use side of various inner-city transport infrastructure projects.
David is comfortable facilitating small groups and has well developed negotiation skills.
David holds a Masters of Urban and Regional Planning and a Bachelor of Fine Art as well as being IAP2 accredited.
Areas of expertise:
- Community engagement and communications strategy
- Planning and delivery including visioning workshops, forums and reference groups
- Negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
- High-level written, spoken and graphic communication, web skills, marketing and media material (both traditional and social media)