Deborah Palmer has 16 years experience in strategic communications, stakeholder engagement and public sector policy development. Deborah’s key skills and capabilities lie in clear and effective two-way communication and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Deborah is currently engaged to deliver community and stakeholder engagement activities for Western Sydney airport and by Transport for NSW to lead communications and engagement for the South West Rail Link Extension public transport corridor preservation.
Whilst at Elton, Deborah has managed the communications and engagement of the NSW Long Term Transport Master Plan. Other roles include Communications Advisor for Sydney Light Rail, Place Manager for Sydney Metro, Communications Advisor to the City of Sydney, and Project Manager for the consultation processes for the National Health and Hospital Reform Commission.
Deborah has led numerous stakeholder consultation activities and facilitated a range of community engagement events from large scale city wide visioning exercises through to focus groups with community stakeholders including special interest groups, CALD groups, children and young people.
- strategic communications and engagement
- stakeholder management
- issues management
- policy analysis and development
- partnership design and development
- community relations
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law Sydney
- Bachelor of Law (Honours), University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Management (Industrial Relations/Human Resource Management), University of South Australia
- Certificate in Public Participation (IAP2)
- Strategies for Dealing with Opposition and Outrage in Public Participation (IAP2)
- Member IAP2 Australia