Kim Samuel is an urban planner with over 15 years of experience in both the public and private sectors. She has extensive experience in a range of policy areas including affordable housing, disability accommodation and employment-generating development.
She has worked on high-profile and complex development and property projects, and has particular expertise in planning due diligence, statutory planning, rezoning and expert planning advice. An experienced negotiator, Kim works well with a range of stakeholders, forming strong working relationships.
Prior to joining Elton Consulting, Kim was Director of Service Reforms at the NSW Land and Housing Corporation where she facilitated major government reform and policy programs.
Kim has previously spent over a decade in planning consulting including nine years at Ethos Urban (formerly JBA) where she worked as the project director and lead planner on complex development projects in the residential, industrial and commercial sectors.
- statutory planning
- planning advice
- due diligence
- NSW Land and Environment Court work
- planning proposals
- social and affordable housing policy
- retail planning policy
- disability accommodation
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- analysis of contribution plans
- strategic land use planning
- Churchill Fellow, 2019
- Masters in International Environmental Law, Macquarie University
- Masters in Urban and Regional Planning, Sydney University
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Cape Town