Melinda Hewitt excels in forming and managing key stakeholder relationships with community, business partners, and state and federal agencies. An experienced strategist, people manager and leadership coach, her career has spanned not-for-profit community services, government and the private sector. She draws on this background to enhance leadership, performance and governance underpinned by social justice principles.
Melinda delivers internal and external communications strategies, community engagement frameworks, place planning and place activation strategies, social planning projects, and economic development initiatives.
She has a strong background in senior leadership positions with expertise operating within complex government settings, managing change processes and organisational transformation. Previous work includes place activation strategies for the Sydney Metro North West Places program and supporting the Local Government sector through reforms across NSW.
- strategy and business planning
- organisational and program evaluation and review
- leadership development program design and delivery
- organisational transitions and government reform
- skilled facilitator
- stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- place planning and place making
- Master of Science – Coaching Psychology, University of Sydney
- Master of Management (Community Management), University of Technology, Sydney
- Certificate of completion Senior Executives in Local and State Government, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge Massachusetts
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors