This policy has been developed in line with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) which came into effect on 12 March 2014. It is updated from time to time https://elton.com.au/wordpress/privacy/.
Core areas of our business include community and stakeholder engagement, research and public policy analysis. During the course of this work we regularly collect and manage personal information.
What type of information do we collect?
The type of information we collect includes personal information such as:
- Contact details
- Email and IP addresses
As part of some projects we may also collect other types of information such as:
- Demographic information (e.g. age and gender)
- Commentary and opinion
How do we collect the information?
Elton Consulting collects information in paper and electronic formats.
Examples of paper-based methods include:
- Surveys & competition entries
- Feedback forms
- Attendance sheets at events
- Meeting notes
- Business cards
Examples of how we collect this information electronically include by:
- Social media
- Online surveys
- Electronic files (e.g. documents, audio and video files)
- Photography at events
- Via our web hosting service (Panthur)
Why do we collect, hold and use the information?
The personal information supplied is used:
- For aggregated statistical reports (e.g. to measure website usage, to report to our clients how many people participated in a particular event or process, or to report the results of research)
- For reports on the proceedings of meetings
- To provide information to participants about a particular process (including invitations for follow up events)
- To provide information to our clients about a particular process, activity or event
Every effort is made to ensure that such reports do not disclose personal information to third parties, including our clients, unless:
- Permission is sought from the individual who submits that information, or
- The individual is notified that this will occur prior to their participation, or
- The individual requests that the information supplied be disclosed to third parties, or
- That disclosure could be reasonably expected, or
- The law requires that such information be supplied
Elton Consulting does not sell or trade the information it receives with third parties or disclose it to third parties overseas.
How do we store the information?
Elton Consulting also stores information in secured databases, Consultation Manager and Mailchimp. Access to this information is restricted solely to the Company through the use of 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security. To read the privacy policies of these providers see http://www.consultationmanager.com.au/ http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Website links to other companies
The Elton Consulting website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that Elton Consulting is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our website or websites we have commissioned.
Upon request, Elton Consulting can disclose to you what personal information of yours we hold, and the manner in which it is held. We reserve the right to extract such information from our files in a way that protects the privacy of others. You have the right to request access to or seek correction of personal information, or to register a complaint regarding compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles. To make a request, please contact us.
For information about privacy matters please contact:
Name: Lee Geary
Position: Director Business Services
Tel: 61-2 9387 2600
Mail: PO Box 1488 Bondi Junction 1355
This site has been designed to be accessible to people with disabilities. Should you experience any difficulties, please contact us. Blind and visually impaired users can obtain tools to access PDF files at www.adobe.com/au/accessibility. There are a number of companies that produce screen readers and related software for people with visual impairments. Click here for an example.