Googong New Town, located 10km from Queanbeyan and 20km from Canberra, will be home to an estimated 18,000 people. Elton Consulting has been working with Googong Township Pty Ltd, for nearly a decade to support the planning for the new town. Showcasing sustainable urban design and infrastructure, with a main town centre, neighbourhood centres, recreational facilities and a school, the development prides itself on good built form outcomes.
Elton Consulting has had a strategic role, guiding statutory and strategic planning, community consultation and stakeholder engagement relating to the rezoning of the land. This included preparation of planning instruments and coordination of Voluntary Planning Agreements which set out developer contributions. We delivered social infrastructure, housing affordability and employment strategies to support the sustainable growth of the new town. We continue to implement the sustainability measures.
Since the rezoning, we have:
- Assisted in amendments to the Googong Development Control Plan such as small lot housing, medium density housing and signage
- Prepared planning reports to support infrastructure upgrades such as Old Cooma Road/ Googong Road intersection upgrade
- Worked with the client to coordinate various development applications gaining approval for:
- Subdivision of the neighbourhoods 1A (largely completed), NH1B (largely completed) and 2 which contains the main town centre (site preparation works underway)
- Social facilities such as Club Googong
- Display Villages
- Creation of small lot dwellings with rear access ways and studios.
We are currently working with the project team in developing the structure plan for the remaining neighbourhoods 3-5.
|Neighbourhood 1A||Club Googong|
|Recreational facilities||Neighbourhood 1B under development|