Elton Consulting reviewed past, relevant studies undertaken by Ku-Ring-Gai Council and existing siting and development partnerships and opportunities.
- Defined population catchments for the new library and community centre
- Reviewed existing facility provision, gaps, community characteristics and needs within facility catchments (including population projections)
- Determined standards of provision and calculated the approximate size of the facilities to accommodate future community needs
- Reviewed case studies of existing facilities to determine key success factors
- Consulted with stakeholders to identify a desired character, key requirements and inclusions for the Hub.
The Hub Study establishes a vision and guidelines to support planning, design and delivery of new community facilities.
The Study findings will inform the selection of a preferred site and development of a design brief.