Elton Consulting facilitated the “Discussion Paper, Building Confidence through Better Planning for the NT” for the Northern Territory Government who was asking for community feedback to review, reframe and renew our planning system.
The discussion paper was based on the following six principles:
- Providing certainty
- Balancing competing interests
- Ensuring transparency
- Reducing complexity
- Meaningful community participation and consultation
- Expanding Opportunities for decisions to be reviewed
Elton Consulting was engaged as independent consultants to manage the Stage 1 community consultation process.
The public had opportunities to provide feedback through
- visiting a pop-up stand at various locations across the NT
- completing an online survey at https://haveyoursay.nt.gov.au
- submitting written feedback