Elton Consulting is proud to be an ongoing adviser to the Aspire consortium, a partnership between Frasers Property Australia and Mission Australia Housing, for the Ivanhoe redevelopment. Ivanhoe is the first project announced under the NSW Government’s $22 billion Communities Plus program, which will see the redevelopment and growth of social housing in NSW.
Ivanhoe is ideally placed for regeneration and reconnection being within one of Sydney’s most high amenity locations. The 259 existing public housing units in the Ivanhoe Estate will be transformed into a new community of around 3,000 homes, including at least 950 social housing units and 128 affordable rental units, over the next 10 years. It will incorporate a retail centre, offices, a residential aged care facility, a new secondary school, two childcare centres, publicly accessible parklands and strengthened transport links.
Aspire’s vision is to create a place that is open, inclusive and highly connected – a place where every person has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. The project will provide the housing, infrastructure and services residents need to achieve their goals with around $120 million in social infrastructure, including a community hub and multifunction community centre, as well as $21 million to fund social housing programs within Ivanhoe.
Elton Consulting has advised Aspire from the early stages of the project.
- were part of the team that developed the tender
- assisted in scoping the social infrastructure required, including community facilities and recreational demand
- undertook the social impact assessment of the proposed redevelopment
- developed the communications and engagement strategy to proactively engage with key stakeholders and the community and are now working with Aspire to implement it
- developed the community development strategy in consultation with Aspire
- worked with Aspire to develop the social housing outcomes framework and plan.